The Nim community is not very large, but it’s active and friendly.
- Nim learning resources from the Official website
- Nim basics: an excellent resource for beginners
- Nim by examples, a series of short snippets to show the basics
- Nim notes, a very long page on most Nim’s features
- 📙 Nim in action, a well written book, unfortunately not updated to the last version
Of course, StackOverflow can be used to ask questions on Nim, too.
I strongly suggest having a look at the paper by Brent Pedersen and the blog post by Heng Li: they provide a good insight on the benefits of Nim for bioinformatics:
- 17 May 2020 - Fast high-level programming languages: a blog post by Heng Li
- 01 Oct 2019 - hts-nim: scripting high-performance genomic analyses: a paper by Brent Pedersen and Aaron Quinlan